Monday, July 7, 2008
Reservations are critical at Italy's most popular museums
A visit to Italy is not complete without enjoying a visit to the top sights. This can be taxing if you don't plan ahead and make a reservation. Most of us visit Italy for 10 -14 days. Why waste a minute of your time waiting in line. For the key sights the wait can easily exceed 3 hours. I am amazed at how many people just wing it. I have asked many of them why they didn't make a reservation and the answer is always the same: "I didn't think we needed one" or "I didn't know the line would be so long."
Here are the sights that I recommend you make a reservation to visit:
1. Uffizi Gallery:Florence
2. Accademia: Florence (David by Michelangelo)
3. Borghese:Rome (No entry without a reservation).
4. Santa Maria della Grazia:Milan (Last Supper by Da Vinci)
5. Vatican Museums:Rome (It would be nice, but you have to wait in line...no reservations accepted!) The key is to go later in the day when the crowd has thinned.
6. Colosseo:Rome (Simply buy your ticket at the ticket office at the base of the Palatine Hill. You can then enter the Colosseo bypassing the very long line.
Visit http://www.unabellavista.com/tips.htm You can click through to make your reservations at these sights and use the saved time for a gelato, Campari, or another sight visit.